- We recommend uploading the poster presentations in a high-resolution PDF format.
Please upload your poster presentation at least 48 hours before the start of the conference as described in the “Material Upload”. The maximum file size is 50 MB.
Each author will have a usable area that is approximately 2 m height x 1 m width (Portrait Format). We recommend to use A0 format. The posters are free standing and with a grey background.
- Material can be mounted to the poster with Blu Tack which will be provided at the conference. Velcro is also allowed, but authors must provide their own Velcro fasteners.
- Authors should provide a poster title using letters large enough to be legible at ~ 3 m (10 feet). The title will be displayed at the top of the mounting board and will contain the authors’ names and affiliations.
- A short abstract (35 – 50 words) with lettering readable from ~ 1.8 m (6 feet) should be prominently displayed near the top of the board, beneath the title.
- The body of the poster paper should consist of several small sections, arranged to guide the viewer through an introduction, results, and finally conclusions and references. The poster must be self-guiding because many conference attendees will read your poster at times other than the normal session.
- Lettering size is extremely important. Lettering must be clearly readable from a distance of 3 m (6 feet), as clusters of people will surround the poster boards during the session. We recommend nothing smaller than 14-point bold lettering be used anywhere on the poster. It is better to use 18 to 24 point letters for your main text. The use of color to organize sections of the paper is effective. Color graphs, and/or colored borders around black and white figures can be especially effective in making your poster easy to read. You need to be creative and present only clear, readable data tables and graphs.
- Under no circumstances should you simply put your typewritten paper on the poster board. Hand-written pages are similarly unacceptable.
- Limit posters to significant data, details, graphs, and key experimental results that help explain the most important points of your work. Do not try to get everything in the written paper on the poster, just the main points. Photographs can also be effective, but should be large enough to be easily viewed and address key points.
- Some authors have found that it helps to attach a single bound copy of their complete paper to the poster for reference. If you do this, please inform us in advance and be sure to use a strong cord and attach it firmly to the poster to prevent loss.
- If possible, please include photographs 7.5 x 12.5 cm (3 x 5 inch) of the principal presenter and co-authors near the top of the poster. This allows the audience to recognize the authors of the poster papers.
- Please notice that poster installation set-up will start on Monday, June 21th as of 2pm.
- All posters will be displayed during the full in person conference. On Wednesday June 23 and Thursday June 24, sessions are devoted from 17:20 to 18:20 (ECT time) for discussion in front of the posters.
- To valorize poster sessions even more, the organizers have planned to start the poster sessions with a set of intensive oral presentations dedicated to the promotion of the posters, i.e. a sort of appetizer to attract the audience to visit your poster.
- Precision, details, and practical instructions will be available in the conference secretary office.
- Please contact us at your arrival.
The organizers are offering a "Virtual Poster Session". Virtual poster session allows the presenter to show poster, slides, short videos, even live running equipment. This will be achieved by each poster presenter having her/his own Zoom room.
- Each poster presenter is asked to sign up for a free Zoom account. If you have already an (paid) account from your employer, you don't have to sign up of course. The free Zoom plan offers a Personal Meeting Room with video meeting limited to 40 minutes, which is why our virtual poster sessions will last 40 minutes.
- Download and install the latest Zoom client for your operating system.
- Each Zoom Personal Meeting Room comes with an invitation link in the form https://zoom.us/j/1234567890 where the ten-digit Personal meeting ID is unique and identifies your room. Send this link to a friend and ask to connect to your room. Start a video meeting with your friend and try to share your screen. You can find instructions at the Zoom Website. Do this test a few days before your session starts to get used to the system. There are several videos about "How To Create Zoom Meeting Link" on internet.
- If you cannot create your own Zoom room (presenters from China) we can do this for you. Please contact us!
- Upload your invitation link to your contribution on INDICO. To do so, select "Contribution List" or "Speaker List" on the left menu, then select your contribution by clicking on its title. Your presentation summary will be shown, and next to "Presentation Materials" you have a pencil on which you can click to open a window with the title "Manage material". Click on the button "Add link". Add the URL of your Personal Meeting Room and enter in the title field "Zoom Link". Click on "Submit".
- If you have problems adding your link, please mail it to us. We will add it to your contribution.
- During the poster session you are supposed to present, open your Zoom client and start your personal meeting. People interested in your poster will join your room and talk to you. Feel free to show your poster via "Share Screen". In addition, you can show a few slides if you want to explain some details. You can also share short videos (if you want to share sounds please tick "Share sound" in the left lower corner of this window!), or even live videos of some running equipment. Be creative! You can try many new things. People will leave your Zoom room after a while and new people will pop in.
- The conference will have several Poster Sessions. You are only supposed to be present in your Zoom room in the session you are assigned to. During the other sessions, feel free to visit other posters.